1. Which fire will water put out?
a. electrical fire
b. fire in a drum of oil
c. fire in a wastebasket
2. What happens when water is poured on burning oil?
a. the fire goes out
b. the oil floats on the water
c. the water catches fire
3. How do you put out an oil fire?
a. blow on it
b. pour water on it
c. use a special fire extinguisher
4. How does water put out a fire?
a. cools it
b. heats it
c. steams it
5. To put out a grease fire in a kitchen,
a. use butter
b. use salt
c. use water
6. The story says that if you pour water on an electrical fire, you may get
a. seriously injured
b. a bright flame
c. a medal from the fire department
7. What's in the special fire extinguishers?
a. oil or electricity
b. powder or gas
8. How can you tell what kind of fire a fire extinguisher is good for?
a. you can't tell
b. you guess
c. you read the label on the extinguisher
9. How do special fire extinguishers work?
a. make a loud noise
b. cut off the fire's air supply
c. sprays out water
10. A gasoline fire acts most like
a. an electrical fire
b. an oil fire
c. a paper fire